About the Company
Polskie Elektrownie Jądrowe is a company implementing tasks aimed at ensuring energy security of Poland. Responsibilities of the Company include:
- Preparing the investment process and acting as the investor in the construction project of the first nuclear power plant in Poland. The Company will also be responsible for the construction of other nuclear reactors with a total capacity of between 6 and 9 GWe, based on proven, large-scale, generation III (+) pressurised water reactors, as well as their potential operation;
- Providing support for the government administration in the implementation of the Polish Nuclear Power Programme.
- Building public support for the development of nuclear energy.
The company Polskie Elektrownie Jądrowe is owned by the State Treasury of the Republicnof Poland. Pursuant to the Council of Ministers’ resolution of 2021 the company is supervised by the Government’s Plenipotentiary for Strategic Energy Infrastructure.
The development of the nuclear power programme is one of the pillars of strengthening Poland’s energy transformation. Nuclear energy development programme is described in two key government documents related to Poland’s energy strategy:
- Polish Nuclear Power Programme, the latest version of which was adopted by the Council of Ministers on 2 October 2020. The document serves as a “road map” for the construction of the first Polish nuclear power plant.
- Energy Policy of Poland to 2040, approved by the Council of Ministers in 2021, which sets out the main premises of energy transformation.
- Company Brochure (822 kB)